Laboratory Technician, Chemistry
Position closed. March 3, 2017
About the Company
LCS Laboratory Inc, is an accredited, chemical, testing laboratory, a leader in providing workplace safety testing. Since its launch in 2010 LCS Laboratory has provided testing services to manufacturing and consulting clients as well as to Canadian public. Visit www.labconserv.com to learn more about our services.
Job Position. Laboratory Technician
The Technician is responsible for:
– cleaning, maintenance and calibration of field equipment. Preparation of rental equipment for shipping to clients. Maintenance of equipment log books. Equipment maintenance and small repair,which requires basic mechanical skills.
– Cleaning of laboratory glassware and specialty equipment
– Sample preparation, and analysis (training will be provided)
– Preparation of laboratory reports
– QC reviews of the reports.
– Responsible for re-evaluating, optimising and troubleshooting methods as required by clients.
– Operations regarding the performance of their activities related to department.
– Follow Training SOP for training and training records.
– Formal education in Chemistry. College diploma. or B.Sc.
– Able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
– Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel. Tables, Charts, Correlations for chemical analysis.
– Must understand concept of instrument calibration.
– Proven laboratory skills.
– Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to work well with others & independently.
– Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
– Works well under pressure, including overtime
– Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
– Provide technical support and feedback to clients.
– Perform testing procedures on commercial samples
– Write reports and perform QC reviews of the reports prepared by others team members.
– Following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures,
– Keep all records and lab notebooks in good order. Analyze testing data, enter the testing results into the company’s electronic system.
– Write and Review technical data, documents, SOPs and proposals as required.
– In case of a testing failure, immediately report to the Department Head or the designee before proceeding further with the test, lead/assist failure investigations to identify the cause of failure and prepare a deviation report.
– Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect.
– Participate in training sessions in the proposal, investigation and introduction of new technologies and services for ‘The Company’.
– Ensure that equipments are maintained in a good order, calibrated and qualified as required.
– Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
Contract: 3-month contract, leading to 1 year contract.
Hourly Rate: depends on qualification
Employee’s choice of Part Time of Full Time.
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org