As an Environmental Health and Safety manager you need to deal with unusual problems all the time. Have you ever came across a suspicious dust on the automotive parts coming from overseas? Or maybe you located an unlabelled barrel full of sludge? Do not wait for work refusal situation. Send us your samples and we will identify what is there.
We employ a classification-based approach, where an object of analysis undergoes a sequence of tests, where the choice of the next test depends on the result of the previous. Depending on the nature of your concern, some or all of the following tests will be performed:
- Organic fraction is analysed for solvents by Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectral Detector (GCMS) and all volatile compounds are identified and quantified.
- We discuss your project with you in order to define what the concern is, and determine the possible origin of your sample.
- We establish morphology of your sample using PCM, PLM and compound microscopy.
- Sample is split into organic and inorganic fractions.
- Inorganic fraction is analysed for metal content by ICP and the concentrations of more than 20 metals are reported.
- Inorganic fraction is analysed for ionic content by ion chromatography and the concentrations of 6 major ions is reported.
- Inorganic fraction is analysed by XRF and XRD for major crystalline forms.
- Organic fraction is analysed for PCB’s and PAH’s and any other compound of your choice.
At the end, the laboratory issues a formal report with all intermediate results and final conclusions.
Call us to discuss your project. When you call, be ready to disclose material composition, as we reserve the right to reject projects involving highly toxic, radioactive, and biological materials. Stay safe!!!!!